8:15 (for an 8:30 start) - 10:00
Too many leaders of professional firms still rely largely on hunches, anecdotes or internally-focused evidence such as financials, when developing their firm’s business development strategies. Too few firms draw on robust insight from their clients and markets to help set their future direction.
Led by Alastair Beddow, Meridian West’s Managing Director, this 90-minute interactive session, held over breakfast, will draw on the findings from our annual Business Buyers’ Barometer which delivers insights into the trends influencing buyers of professional services. You will also have the opportunity to share best practice ideas about how to add more rigorous to the strategy development process with peers at other professional firms.
The workshop will cover:
- How to assess the effectiveness of your firm’s current BD strategy;
- How to collect reliable internal evidence to support strategy development;
- How to supplement internal views with evidence from your clients and markets;
- How to synthesise the evidence to decide on the best course forward for your firm; and
- How to use evidence to build a business case to your leadership for strategic BD
Each attendee will also receive a copy of Meridian West’s “How to guide” giving more practical advice on developing strategy within professional firms.